LAKE OF THE OZARKS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Your Lake Vacation – We make it simple.
Why Your Lake Vacation?
We have served the greater Lake of the Ozarks since 1986 by providing quality, full-service vacation rental property management. Over the last 30 plus years, we have grown to be recognized as the leading vacation rental management company at the Lake of the Ozarks with more than $25,000,000.00 worth of properties in our portfolio.
Your Lake Vacation has been the innovator at the Lake adding vacation rental insurance and damage protection plans in 2005, all keyless entry in 2012 and paperless contracts in 2015. Our goal for both our owners and our guests is to provide great service and to always keep it simple.
Effective communication is what you expect and with a team of 10 employees that is what you get. In fact, you get a real live person when you call our office during regular business hours. Our office also includes a visitor information center and is conveniently located in the heart of Osage Beach across from the Outlet Mall.
You also get our years of experience in the vacation rental industry. Our owner serves on the board of directors for the Tri-County Lodging Association, the Lake of the Ozarks Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Council. In addition, he was the past president of the Lake of the Ozarks Vacation Rental Association and is a licensed real estate broker. Our experienced staff has more than 150 years of living and working at the Lake of the Ozarks.
We strive to provide a quality management experience for each of our owners. If we can make our owners successful, then we will be successful.
Contact us today and we will be glad to give you a vacation rental market analysis of your home or condo. While we cannot guarantee any amount of income, nor the number of rental nights you will receive, we can, however, look at our past history for similar properties in similar locations and give you a pretty good estimate of what you can expect from renting your property.
Owner Frequently Asked Questions
What is the split between the owner and the manager?
- Our typical split is 65/35 but we do offer other packages as well.
- If the owner provides a paying guest we change our split to 80/20.
What services do you provide for your commission?
- We provide all the marketing & advertising including print, web and e-blasts.
- We handle the accounting including monthly statements and end of year 1099’s.
- We pay the state sales tax & the local lodging tax on your behalf.
- We book and arrange guest reservations as well as screen guests.
- We schedule all housekeeping services.
- We provide inspections of each property prior to guest arrival.
- We schedule repairs, carpet cleaning and general maintenance.
- We provide feedback on your property & offer interior design guidance.
What does it cost to join your rental program?
- There is no fee to join our program.
- We use a Schlage Keyless Entry system. The cost is $150.00 including installation.
- We set the property with towels, soaps & supplies. There is a one-time fee depending on the size of the property ranging from $35.00 to $75.00.
- We get professional pictures of your property. The cost is $200.00.
Are there any hidden costs or fees for services?
- You are responsible for the credit card fees only on your portion of the rental fee, we pay the fees on our portion of the rental fee & on the housekeeping, damage protection plan, use fee and all taxes.
- We do upcharge the housekeeping fee ($5.00 to $15.00 depending on the size of the property) to help cover scheduling, accounting and organization of the housekeeping companies. The guest always pays the housekeeping fee. This only affects you when you stay and have us clean.
- We do not upcharge on maintenance, repairs, AC checks, etc.
Who supplies the towels and linens?
- At our Knolls and Lazy Days properties we supply all of the towels & linens which is paid for by a 2% use fee that each guest pays.
- At our other properties we currently supply all of the towels and starting in 2019 we will supply all of the linens as well. We just instituted the 2% use fee on these properties and are currently building up that fund.
How do you advertise and market your properties?
- We primarily advertise on the internet on popular websites like HomeAway, VRBO, FlipKey & Tripadvisor. In addition, we operate three websites of our own that attract visitors.
- We also advertise on the CVB website, funlake.com, which is the most popular site at the Lake.
- We market our properties to our past guest & inquiry list of more than 8,000 contacts.
- We advertise in the Lake of the Ozarks Vacation Guide available online & in print form.
- We spend more than $30,000.00 annually advertising our properties.
Do you allow pets or smoking at your properties?
- All of our properties are non-smoking inside, smoking is allowed outside.
- Pets are not allowed at any of our condos
- Pets are allowed at homes that owners have designated as “pet-friendly”, with certain restrictions and guidelines.
When do I get paid?
- Each month when you have activity (income or expenses) your statement will be posted on-line in our owner services portal, usually between the 10th and 20th of the month following the activity.
- If you have income we will mail your check or deposit your funds into your account usually no earlier than the 10th and no later than the 20th.
How do you handle damage to my property?
- Each of our guests either purchases our damage protection plan or they are required to post a deposit.
- If a guest accidentally damages something it will be covered under our damage protection plan, up to $3000.00.
- If a guest intentionally damages something or is completely negligent we will charge their deposit or credit card on file.
- Each owner must also have insurance that covers vacation rentals in place on their property.
What is your guest rental policy?
- The responsible renter must be at least 25 years of age (we do ID when deemed necessary).
- We do not normally rent to bachelor or bachelorette parties unless they are over the age of 40.
- We try to screen our guests as well as possible to protect your investment and property.