Frequently Asked Questions
We’re coming to the Lake! How do we book?
- Call our office and speak with any of our friendly staff, who will guide you through our simple process. We strive to make it easy with our paperless, keyless and stress-less process!
- Book now online. One of our staff will call you the very next business day with some final questions.
What are the terms and payments?
- 50% of your payment is due upon making your reservation.
- The final 50% is due 30 days prior to your arrival. Your credit card on file will be charged automatically unless you want us to call prior to running.
- We accept VISA, MasterCard & Discover.
What is the deposit and taxes?
- We charge a Damage Protection Plan (ranges from $25 – $55), which is a one-time non-refundable fee for any ACCIDENTAL damage to the property up to $3,000.00 (or you can pay a deposit of $1000.00). Any damage which is deemed not accidental will be charged to the credit card on file. We’re sorry, cleaning issues are not covered in this fee.
- We collect local lodging taxes and state taxes (based on city & county) which typically runs between 8.25% & 12.75% of the total rental fee depending on location.
What does the departure cleaning and use fee cover?
- Departure cleaning covers the housekeeping upon your departure only. Daily maid service, while available, is not included.
- Each reservation is pre-checked to ensure your vacation starts immediately! We turn on water, turn down the air conditioner, open the blinds and get your home or condo ready for you to relax and enjoy the minute you walk in the door!
- Use fee is a convenience fee for stocking properties with essential items and is based on 2% of the rental fee.
- There is absolutely NO SMOKING inside ANY of our properties. Please smoke outside and dispose responsibly. Do not throw cigarette butts off of any balconies. Thank you!
Is there WiFi available?
- All of our properties have wireless internet available at the property.
Can I bring my pet?
- None of the condominium complexes allow pets on site for guests. While there are pet areas and you will encounter people with pets, only owners are allowed to bring their pets to the complexes.
- We do have some homes that allow pets! Maximum of 2 pets allowed per property, 15 lbs. and under, they must be crated at night and never tied to decks, docks or outside the property. Pet fee is $25/per pet per night.
What should I NOT pack for my vacation?
We provide the following items as an added convenience for your vacation!
- Bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths – We provide 1 set per person the property sleeps – Bring your beach towels for pool or lake swimming and boating!
- Kitchen towels (2), dish cloth, pot holder/oven mitts (2).
- Sheets, bed covers, extra blankets and extra pillows.
- Starter set of toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath soap and hand soaps.
- Starter set of paper products: bath tissue, face tissue and paper towels.
- Starter supply cleaning supplies: dish tabs, dish soap & laundry soap.
- Starter supply of bags: Kitchen trash bags, bathroom & bedroom trash bags.
How do I sign the Rental Contract?
- We email you the contract via Adobe Sign.
- Open the email and follow the few simple instructions.
- Click sign and BOOM! You’re done!
Where do we pick up keys?
All of our properties are keyless entry. Here is how it works?
- We will call you on the day of your arrival with your 4-digit key code.
- You drive directly to the property, using the directions attached to your confirmation previously sent to you.
- Enter the key code into the number pad on the door and voila!
Where do I launch my boat and park my boat trailer?
- Be sure that you know where you are going with your boat attached to your vehicle BEFORE you get here. Our staff should have discussed these options when preparing your reservation. Please do NOT try and drive your vehicle with the trailer into any condominium complexes.
- The nearest boat launch and trailer parking areas are provided on the directions attached to the confirmation and located on the refrigerator magnet at your property.
Can I check in early or depart at a later time?
- No. Unfortunately, if we have guests that are arriving before or after you, we will need to have time for our cleaning contractors to arrive and get it ready for the next guest.
- Yes. If we do not have anyone arriving before or after you, please call our office and request it. We will do our best to accommodate!
How old do I have to be?
- Renting a property. You have to be 25 years old to rent with us.
- Driving a boat or PWC. All persons must be at least 14 years of age to legally operate under the direct, onboard supervision of a parent, guardian or other person 16 years of age or older, have their Boater Education Card and valid photo ID onboard. Missouri state law says any person born after January 1, 1984 must successfully complete the NASBLA approved boating education course before operating any motorized vessel.
- Fishing. Everyone between of the ages of 15-65 must have the appropriate fishing permit. Some restrictions apply. See Missouri Department of Conservation for restrictions. You can purchase permits at Walmart or Fitz Fishing Tackle & Supplies.
What is there for my kids to do?
- All of our condominium complexes have outdoor pools. Many have playgrounds, boardwalks, gazebos and some have a swim platform for lake swimming on site.
- Some owners have stocked their condos with board games, cards, movies and books for those rainy days. Some even have gaming systems. Ask your reservationist if there are hookups for gaming systems if you want to bring your own.
- There are a variety of things for kids and families to do in and around the area. Check out our website: ExploreYourLake.com for a list of activities and dining options!
What if I have a problem?
- Check the magnet located on the refrigerator for a list of troubleshooting guides for heat, water and air.
- If you are still having an issue, please call our 24-hour assistance number. Someone will get back to you quickly!